Who We Are
We at Doorway Christian Outreach are here to provide public awareness about the serious differences between historic Biblical Christianity and other groups like: The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (Jehovah's Witnesses), The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons), and other groups.
DOORWAY CHRISTIAN OUTREACH is comprised of individuals from various denominational backgrounds who respect the human right to freedom of speech and religion for everyone, but we also wish to provide awareness about the serious differences between historic Biblical Christianity and the teachings and beliefs of groups claiming to be Christian but are not!
For there is being taught, a different Jesus, a different Spirit, and a different gospel than the One that the apostle Paul preached. We need to be informed, so that all our love, worship, and service is properly directed to the true and living God and our eternity secure! (2 Cor.11: 3-4; Gal.1: 3-8)
1. The Holy Bible, composed of the Old and New Testaments, is the uniquely-inspired,
inerrant, infallible word of God as originally given. It remains completely trustworthy and is the supreme and final authority we adhere to in all matters of faith and conduct. 2Peter 1:21; 2Timothy 3:16; 1Thessalonians 2:13; Acts 17:11; Isaiah 48:17
2. There is only one God in essence, who being the originator of eternity, has always existed and is revealed in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Isaiah 44:6, 8; 45:5; Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19; 2Corinthians 13:14; Acts 5:3-4
3. Our Lord Jesus Christ, begotten in the flesh through the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, is God manifested in the flesh who alone lived a sinless human life. He is the sole mediator between God and humanity. Matthew 1:18-21; Luke 1:31; Philippians 2:5-11; Colossians 2:9; 1Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:5-13; John 1:1-3, 14; 1 Peter 2:22; 1Timothy 2:5
4. God created humankind in His own image. Through the fall of Adam, humanity became corrupt and alienated from God. Every human, being lost and sinful, is incapable of restoring his/her broken fellowship with God. Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 5:12; Romans 8:7; Psalm 14:3; Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:1-2; John 6:44; 15:5; 1Corinthians 2:14
5. The eternal salvation of lost and sinful humanity is accomplished solely by God's grace through faith. It is not by our works that we are saved, but through the atoning death of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. Ephesians 1:7, 11; 2:8; Acts 10:43; Romans 3:28; Galatians 2:21
6. The Lord Jesus Christ was buried and rose bodily from the grave on the third day; who ascended into heaven and will return physically at an appointed time known only to God, in power and glory to judge both the living and the dead. 1Corinthians 15; John 2:18-21; Luke 24:39; Luke 24:39; Acts 1:11; Acts 1:6-7; Revelations 22:12, 20
7. The Holy Spirit is the indwelling regenerator, sanctifier, comforter and teacher of the redeemed, Who enables and empowers the believer to live a holy life, set apart to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ. 1Thessalonians 4:7; Ephesians 2:10; Philippians 2:13; Acts 1:8; 1Corinthians 12:27-31; Ephesians 4:11-13
8. The redeemed are united in the Holy Spirit, and comprise the Christian church; the body and bride of Christ. 1Corinthians 12:27; John 3:29; Matthew 25:10
9. The resurrection of both the lost and the redeemed will occur; those that are lost inherit outer darkness and are forever alienated from God, and those that are saved inherit everlasting life, joy and fellowship with God. Matthew 24; Revelation 19-21